Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thou Art the Man

I am that man most vile and wretched,
The one who wagged my head and mocked.
I am the one that beheld His perfect work
And trampled them all under my foot.
I beheld the glory of the Only Begotten
And in return, I said I knew Him not.
He laid His life down so freely,
He who was without a spot!
I just piled more on for Him to bear.
O the Wretched man that I am!
Who can change the man I am?
Who can take this heart of stone?
Who can save me from this doom?
Guilty as charged I do proclaim.
I have no other plea that I could give.
A lost sinner is what I am.
How could I ever face Him, the One I’ve cursed?
I have never done a thing to garner His favor,
Only spat on His perfect sacrifice.
I plead for mercy from Him Who did not sin,
But the treasured up wrath is what I deserve.
O this heart of mine, it is trained only to deceive
It has blinded me to the One I need to see.
I see One coming, One pierced in His side,
Coming to help this most wretched of guys.
He sought me as a stranger, one who should die,
And gave His life as a ransom
For such a sinner as I.

No comments: